- CDC warns Delta variant far more transmissible
- Japan extends Covid state of emergency for four more areas
- Locked down with cases rising, Sydney wonders how Delta will end
- Thailand bans sharing of news that ‘causes public fear’
- UK coronavirus updates – live
The EU is likely to get 40 million more Moderna vaccine doses by October, after a boost in output at US-based factories.
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) said in a statement on Friday that a production increase at US sites in Massachusetts and New Hampshire would have a “significant” impact on the supply of Spikevax, which is the Moderna vaccine’s brand name.
The US has now administered 344,928,514 doses of Covid-19 vaccines and distributed 399,090,105 jabs as of Friday, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said.
The figures were up from the 344,017,595 on Thursday, out of the 397,464,625 doses delivered.