Three CBI officers independently told India Today that they haven’t found any proof of homicide in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case yet. The investigation, however, is still on.
CBI’s investigation so far hasn’t hinted at a homicide angle in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case.
Three officers of the Central Bureau Of Investigation (CBI), who are part of the probe into the mysterious death of Sushant Singh Rajput, have independently told the India Today that the probe team has so far not found any evidence to suggest that Rajput was murdered. The investigation, however, is still open. Sushant Singh Rajput died by alleged suicide on June 14 and was found in his Bandra, Mumbai home.
The CBI officials say they are focussing on the suicide angle and examining if a case can be made for abetment to suicide.
The CBI has so far done an elaborate reconstruction of the crime scene, gone through all the evidence collected by the Mumbai Police and interrogated key suspects in the case, which includes Rhea Chakraborty.
According to the team conducting the probe, none of the forensic reports, statements of the key suspects or the reconstruction of the crime scene suggest that this is a case of homicide.
While the CBI is focussing more on the suicide angle, it is not officially closing the murder investigation just yet.
The next key element in the probe is going to be the report submitted by the AIIMS forensics team which will weigh in on the post-mortem and autopsy reports of Sushant Singh Rajput.